The postdoctoral training program in Genomic Medicine provides trainees with coursework and research experience tailored to their specific career goals.
Appointments are for two years. Trainees spend 50% of their time in the first year and 70% in the second year on mentored research in Genomic Medicine. There is no teaching requirement for this program.
- Introduction to Biostatistics
- Ethical, Legal, and Social Implications of Genome Science
- Experimental Genome Science
- Introduction to Biomedical Informatics
- Molecular Basis of Disease
- Scientific Writing I
- Scientific Writing II
Program activities include:
- Mentored research in genomic medicine
- Four rotations in clinical or research labs
- Annual Genomics and Computational Biology Retreat
- Joint activities with other genomics training programs at Penn